SFPD Mission Station
About the SFPD Mission Station
The Mission District, in the heart of downtown San Francisco, covers the area east of Twin Peaks to the James Lick Freeway and south of Market Street to Cesar Chavez Street. Insulated from the fog and wind affecting much of the rest of the city, residents enjoy a rare number of sunny days. In recent years the Mission has become a hub for specialty restaurants, shops and night clubs.
The Mission Station was first built in 1902 at 17th and Treat Streets, after which it was relocated in 1950 to 1240 Valencia Street. In 1994, the station was rebuilt and expanded to three times its original size. The red-brick building with its bright green front door includes a spacious lobby and a community room for monthly meetings. This station is part of the San Francisco Police Department's Metro Division.