Carrying a Concealed Weapon (CCW) Information and Application
Per the Supreme Court ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, the good cause requirement is no longer required and will not be considered by the San Francisco Police Department.
Please read the San Francisco Police Department CCW Licensing Policy which summarizes the criteria that the San Francisco Police Department considers when reviewing applications for a license to carry a concealed weapon (CCW license):
Download the San Francisco Police Department Carrying Concealed Weapon Policy (PDF)
Download the Standard Application for License to Carry a Concealed Weapon (CCW) (PDF)
Download the Concealed Carry Weapons Training Standard (PDF)
You may also visit the CA Attorney General's website which contains pertinent laws related to all firearms and up-to-date information. Click here to be redirected to the site.
SFPD CCW Application Info
- Download the standard application for a license to carry a concealed weapon
- Complete, read, and sign Sections 1 through 5, as directed.
- Call the CCW unit to make an appointment for an in-person drop-off. Please call (415) 575-7145 to contact the CCW Unit.
- Sections 6, 7, and 8 must be completed and signed in the presence of a member of the SFPD Concealed Carry Weapons Unit (CCW Unit)
- At your drop-off appointment, please bring your completed application, valid CA driver's license or identification, and two forms of documentation which proves residency in San Francisco, California.
The two ways to get a hold of us are via email or phone call. Our priority is to keep our application process smooth and efficient and, due to staffing availability and competing daily priorities, we recommend emailing our office to set up an appointment and for future correspondence.
Email: [email protected]
Location: 1245 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94158