Lateral Entry Program
Salary$87,230 to $129,896/year
$5,000 Signing Bonus* View more information on our Salary and Benefits page.
The San Francisco Police Department is seeking currently employed Peace Officers that possess a current Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate and have two years of patrol experience to consider joining the premier law enforcement agency in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
The San Francisco Police Department offers:
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with your POST Certificate and education. Salary will be consistent with the stipulations provided in the SFPD POA Labor Agreement.
- Retirement reciprocity is available for some law enforcement agencies
- 3% at 58
- Abbreviated 8 week Police Academy
- Opportunities for promotional opportunities and career development via transfer to specialized units, including:
- SWAT Team
- Plainclothes Work
- Canine Unit
- Motorcycle Enforcement
- Explosives Ordnance Disposal
- Mounted Patrol
- Airport Bureau
- Youth Programs
- Marine Unit
Does this sound interesting? To learn more about the SFPD, we have a member of the SFPD Recruitment Staff who is available to answer your questions. If you are interested, he will collect your information and send you information material.
Contact the SFPD today!
If you wish to be placed on the Lateral interest list, please e-mail me the following information:
- current and any former agencies
- years of patrol experience
- personal cell/email address
Please call or email for lateral transfer test dates.
*Upon completion of Field Training Program (FTO)
Have Questions? Contact the San Francisco Police Department Recruitment Unit
1245 3rd Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94158