Every two or three years, for five business days, we recruit a special class of employees known as community police services aides. We currently employ about 220 of these aides and about 20 community police services aide supervisors.
Community police services aides are required to wear uniforms, do not carry firearms while providing supportive duties to police officers that do not require peace officer powers. They work at a variety of assignments throughout the Ten (10) Police Stations as well as the Airport Police Bureau, performing a variety of important jobs including directing traffic; enforcing vehicle codes and municipal parking ordinances at the San Francisco International Airport; helping to protect restricted areas; accepting and processing complaints in person or over the telephone; completing and filing reports and forms; maintaining and ordering supplies; assisting ill or injured citizens; assisting in receiving, storing, and releasing of property, and providing crowd control during events and emergencies.
To apply for this position, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or proof of having passed an equivalency test, such as a GED;
- Have worked at least a year in the military or in a full-time job involving contact with the public;
- Possess a valid California driver’s license;
- Be able to climb up and down a four to six-foot ladder and work in a noisy environment. Note that some assignments require extended periods of standing and walking.
- Attend a two-week training course.
Download Application Forms Below
Background Investigations Packet (PDF)
Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I9) (PDF)
Applications for this position are now closed. Thank you to those who applied. For those still interested, remember the recruiting period happens every two or three years.
View Closed Job Description
*Updated as of 05/11/22