The SFPD has a longstanding partnership with San Francisco SAFE, the city's leading crime-prevention and public safety education organization. Together we believe that everyone who lives in, works in or visits San Francisco has the right to be safe. In pursuing our collective goal of a safer San Francisco, SF SAFE provides a diverse array of free services and activities centered on safety that empower residents, police and community groups to create safer, more vibrant neighborhoods. We invite you to learn more about these resources below.
San Francisco SAFE, Inc. (Safety Awareness for Everyone) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation that engages, educates, and empowers San Franciscans to build safer neighborhoods through crime prevention, education and public safety services that result in stronger, more vibrant and resilient communities.
SF SAFE's community services & activities include:
- Neighborhood Watch Groups
- Business Watch Groups
- Personal Safety Presentations (multilingual/multigenerational)
- Child Safety Presentations
- Older Adult Safety Presentations
- Home Security Assessments
- Business Security Assessments, Presentations & Trainings
- Community Organizing (Community Police Advisory Boards, Neighborhood Emergency Response Teams, etc.)
- Urban Communities & Youth Leadership Training
- SAFE Bikes
- Community Policing Activities & Events (Keep updated via SF SAFE’s newsletter).
To request any of SF SAFE’s services, click here to complete a simple form.
- SF SAFE: www.sfsafe.org (with links to other resources)
- National Crime Prevention Council: www.ncpc.org
- Federal Trade Commission ID Theft: www.consumer.gov/idtheft
- Victim Assistance / District Attorney: www.sfdistrictattorney.org
- CA Attorney General: http://oag.ca.gov/